Many delegate the onset of a new year as a time for resolutions. How about a novel approach? We suggest considering September Solutions.
Students know it. Teachers do as well. September is when everything starts fresh. Some dread the new beginnings. Others embrace it as a time to make changes.
An excellent time to address problems. And, find solutions.
It’s the season to consider reorganization. Some will make new friends. Others will work on their personal appearance.
A great many of us will solemnly remember the dreaded September 11th. The losses. And, how it changed America forever.
Consider the story of Annabelle Williams. She’s been out of school for decades. September is her birthday month. Yet, it’s not the reason she looks forward to September.
Annabelle is nearing her ninetieth birthday. And, she certainly doesn’t look her age. Or act it.
Perhaps, we could all learn something from Annabelle’s view on September. Luckily, she was happy to share some tips.
Some Tips on Using September to Start Anew
First and foremost is adoption of a grand mantra. September is not just for students and teachers. Throw away the concept of New Year’s Resolutions and consider September Solutions:
- Adorn yourself with a new outfit to greet the world as your proverbial classroom
- Put your bills and other paperwork in order
- Join a club that matches your interests
- Find time to volunteer using your talents
- Call a long lost friend or relative
- Read a book
- Write a letter
- Take a picture of yourself so you know how you look
- Work on your appearance if it displeases you
- Schedule a checkup
- Take a walk and embrace the air
- Plant seasonal flowers
- Try a new recipe
- Practice your smile
- Forgive yourself (and others, too)
- Reach out to someone who is lonely
- Call a loved one
- Express gratitude
- Perform an act of kindness
- Give yourself permission to ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS
At Writefully Inspired, our concentration is really on helping others put their thoughts into words. We did so for Amber Williams. How can we help you? Contact us to let us know what message you need to convey to the world. Or, just your select audience.